What is Indian Head Massage?
Champissage, also known as an Indian head massage is a series of massage movements that evolved from the traditional practice of Ayurveda and the rich tradition of family grooming in the Indian sub-continent. It is a highly effective technique for the treatment of stress and stress related conditions.
How do you receive an Indian Head Massage session?
When you receive an Indian Head Massage, you sit comfortably in a straight-backed chair with a pillow on your lap allowing your shoulders and arms to fully relax. Indian Head Massage does not use oils and it does not require removing clothing.
The upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, head, scalp, ears and face are worked using a variety of gentle, soothing and stimulating massage techniques. There is also a focus on balancing the Throat, Third Eye and Crown Chakras at the end of the session.
The numerous benefits of Indian Head Massage include:
- Improved circulation and lymphatic drainage to the head, neck, scalp, face and shoulder area
- A deep sense of relaxation and a feeling of total well-being
- Relief from headaches and migraine
- Relaxation of the muscles of the head, neck and shoulder area
- Stimulation of hair growth
- Improvement in concentration and memory
- Relief from anxiety and insomnia
- Alleviation of eyestrain
- Has Been Known To Improve eyesight
- Confidence and improved self—esteem
How long is an Indian Head Massage?
Indian head massage can be performed at any length of time. We have found that a 45minute or 60minute session is more complete and seem to have more of a lasting benefit, so these are the two times that we offer. For best results a series of 3 – 5 sessions are recommended.
NOTE: Leave an extra 15minutes for your first appointment as there is a short consultation at the beginning.
To book a session or if you have any questions regarding the Indian Head Massage Please contact: Adam Thomas